Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ending 2012 with a win. Sweet stuff.

The "cherry on top of my season" - the last race is a win.

I must be honest.  It has been tough for me trying to sit down and write my blog this week.  I have thought about it.  I've sat down and uploaded pics.  No words coming.   And a few folks have asked about my blog - where is it - and again, I think: eventually something will come.  Well I decided to make today that day.

Until now, there hasn't been any flow.

You would think there would be more excitement coming through the keyboard since I ended the season with a Win, an unexpected and unplanned accomplishment for my season.  It has been an incredible season and what better way then to take you all through my day in more detail but I'm just not feeling it.

Hmm,  maybe my loss of words and not wanting to do a race day playback (or weekly playback) is really telling me something?   Hmm.  Maybe my standard approach isn't working because:

  • I've already shared "my race play back" with those I really care about.  Those that have been supporters of me, always present in the background and always spending time to listen to race debriefs.  Maybe my blog flow has already "been spent" on those face-to-face fun playbacks!
  • I have a quietness inside and the fiery words just aren't in my brain.
  • I am still processing.
  • I am already looking forward while enjoying my personal, 2012 celebration.


It is interesting to me though that I have been kind of dreading the blog process especially since Sunday was such an awesome day of racing for me.  Sunday was all about pure flow.

Sunday I was:
  • Having no specific hungry, fiery expectations at all
  • Feeling open to the race outcome no matter what it was
  • Racing without thinking.    
  • Allowing the race to unfold around me while watching and navigating to things around me
  • Watching and making moves without a lot of thinking.  More doing, less thinking.
  • Less absorbed with ego and more focused on just being there.  Being.
So was Sunday's race and resultant success more about my spiritual/emotional state and less about the physical?


There are always a myriad of factors at play in life.  Always.  A factor may have more of an impact than another but factors are rarely isolated.

I know it is the intersection of various things that led to my ultimate success in that race.   I find this stuff fascinating.

There were a lot of interesting "Feelings" that surfaced for me over the last week.  different things I'll just say that I am actively working thru....

On race day though,  I felt that I was very true to myself.  I felt quiet-er.  I felt open.  And at the end of the day, it was my strongest race of the season.  Hmmmmm.

Consistent Training + Appropriate Weekly Training Load + Right Amount of Rest + Right Spiritual and Emotional Balance = CREATE AN OPPORTUNITY

Yeah, maybe something like that with a few other ingredients for sure...

Winning Sunday felt awesome.  It felt good to race hard.  To have it.  To get the win.

At the end of this blog, I am more fascinated by the qualitative "feelings" that were and are present than any specific training plan data/evidence.



Next up:
2013 Nationals.
1/10 Age Groups
1/12 Elites

May toss in a tune up or two before then and I certainly plan to get back to riding for fun a good bit over the Holidays.

Safe holidays to everyone.  See many of you in '13.






No comments:

Post a Comment