Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nationals is nearly here.

many of you already know that I'm packing up my Element yet again for another road trip journey.  This is a big one.  National Cyclocross Championships.  Madison (freaking-cold) Wisconsin. 

As of today, they have 12" of snow on the course with high temps in the 20's.
By thursday, they are forecasting warmer temps in the 30s with rain.
Which means...mud...and lots of it...
By Sunday, it's expected to be frozen tundra again.  So I expect frozen mud ruts and lots of them on the course.  :-)

Madison is 853 miles one-way
=15 hours without stopping

2 bikes + friend's 2 bikes
add: pressure washer
+ trainers
+extra wheels
+tons of gear
+more gear
+clothes
+FOOD
 
I'll be leaving o-dark-thirty on Thursday AM with an optimistic and hopeful arrival by evening.  Fingers crossed.

My race schedule
  • Friday 3:15:   Women 35 to 39 National Age Group race
  • Sunday 1:00:   Women Elite Nationals (~100 women)





So, think of me from warm and sunny Baltimore over the coming days.  I'll be in race heaven.  This is, after all, why I work hard.  So I can play harder!

cheers and thanks for all the support.
J


No comments:

Post a Comment