Monday, July 21, 2014

Cross country nationals - July 19


So I'll start by saying that Bear Creek Mountain Bike Nationals was one of my best days racing my Mountain Bike...why?, here are a few of the many reasons:
  • I made the podium and took home a Nationals medalYeah baby.
  • I raced against some fast women who were also crazy enough to take on the technical and demanding Bear Creek course.   That course is tough!
  • My heart rate soared into Zone 5+ for nearly an hour.  See the graph.  OUCH!  Sufferfest.
  • I felt great, I raced my race and the rocks were awesome! 
  • I was surrounded by amazing friends, fellow racers, and tons of nut case cyclists all day long
  • Best heckle spectator pit area in the middle of a rocky, technical section.   Anne Rock, you are one of a kind.  Best nun ever...
  • FatMarc, I think I heard you in the last rocky section before the start/finish, if that was you,  thanks so much for the huge cheers! It helped.
  • And thanks to everyone else for cheering me during the Race!
 I have been training hard this year and it all came together at Nationals.  

 Mentions:   Kudos to Jessica Hill from Harford County who took 4th in our Cat1 division, Stacy Barbossa who rocked and took 3rd place in the Cat1 45-49s, Cati Scheifele who took 10th in the Cat1 30-34, and Cindy Copley who took 11th.  

Vicki B kicked some butt winning the single speed division and Cheryl S seriously put out wicked efforts in the Pro race, finishing in 7th.  Woot!

I am honored to have raced with so many women from across the country and it is even better knowing that our own Midatlantic women rocked the house.  Well done ladies!


 

Meet the Amateur course:



Here are a few photos from the day:

the first lap Prologue start (photo credit to awesome Bill White)

one of the switchback climbs (photo credit to awesome Bill White)
one of the switchback climbs (photo credit to awesome Bill White)
 
          
Heckle Pit Panoramic 1
Heckle Pit Panoramic2
As HARD as YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Yeah,  that was as HARD as YOU COULD GO....

Meet your Top 5 Cat1 35-39 Podium Finishers --- woo hoo
Best Champagne Spray of the Day
Guzzle guzzle

Sure I'll have a sip

Champagne is better when shared!  Salute!

Rocking the Medal.  Zen Jen Tillmanator.

 Pro Women Leaders Georgia and Leah:



Pro Men Race - Ethan Frey of Joe's Bike Shop ripping the rocks:

No comments:

Post a Comment